Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is she going to be spoiled?







































It seems to me that by the time you have your third child, you might not give them the time, energy, and effort that you devoted to your first born. I worried that baby Havanna might be left in the dust, spending much of her day sitting in the swing, the bouncy, or the playpen, rather than snuggled in my arms. I remember thinking something similar when Berlyn was born. How could I possibly love another child as much as I loved my first. Then, Berlyn was born and immediately my heart doubled in size. Indeed I did love her just as much. And with an older sister to shower her with hugs and kisses, she received even more love. Now that my third child has arrived, I realize that there is something so precious about the love you feel for a newborn. I love this tiny baby, knowing hardly a thing about her. We have no idea what she will be like. She has never said a word to me, made me laugh, or made me cry. I have never had to discipline her or comfort her during times of pain. Yet I love her so completely, purely for the fact that she is mine. I look at her with hope and anticipation for what she will become, yet I wish I could freeze time and keep her this perfectly innocent child forever. There is no fear that I will love her any less. My heart holds a special place just for her. Plus, she has TWO older sisters that adore her and watch over her with admiring eyes. Little Havanna, my dear, you are loved. I believe we will find the the time, energy, and effort to spoil you every bit as much as your older siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment