Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day











It was Nick's first Father's Day! Every day it seems I find yet another reason to love my husband, and being a wonderful dad tops the list. Sunday started out in a rush, barely waking up in time to make it to the early 9:00 service. We had an hour to kill after church before we were scheduled to meet the rest of the Downey clan for lunch and my eyes had still not fully opened. Nick took Talullah and let me squeeze in a cat nap before we headed out. I know, I know... it's HIS special day and I'm the one getting special treatment. We enjoyed a nice lunch at the brewery and then headed to my parents to celebrate fatherhood some more and give my dad a little TLC. I love taking Miss. T in the hot tub since she's enjoys the water so much. Nana bought her a little suit that we just had to try out, so I hopped in with the kids and endured some face splashing and bickering... how will I ever handle Talullah when she reaches her teens?! We're all hoping that God pours down buckets of patience before we get to that point. It was a busy, busy day, but I'm hoping that the dad's in my life had a good Father's Day. They surely deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! T actually does have a neck. She's such a big girl that she can hold her head up high like a queen.

    ReplyDelete